Student Visa Lawyer - Miami, Florida

Learn how our J-1, M-1, and F-1 student visa lawyers in Miami can help you study in the United States. Speak with an immigration lawyer for student visa guidance today.

For a great amount of people all over the world the idea of coming to the United States to receive higher education is an exciting one. With the proper preparation and legal advice from a qualified Miami Student Visa Lawyer, you can secure a student visa and begin your studies in the U.S. It is important to begin the student visa process as soon as possible to allow that you do not encounter unforeseen delays that adversely affect your school plans. Contact a Miami Student visa attorney at Immigration Lawyers USA to learn more about the application process.

Types of Student Visas

There are several types of student visas:

F-1 Student Visas

F-1 visas for students enrolled full-time in colleges, universities, seminaries, conservatories and other educational institutions and language training programs;

Generally, the F visa is the easiest to obtain simply because it is the most common and the requirements are very straightforward. You essentially just need to prove that you are coming to the U.S. to pursue bona fide academic studies at an accredited academic institution.

M-1 Student Visas

M-1 visas for people pursuing nonacademic or vocational studies. The last one is a J visa, and it’s a little bit broader than the F and the M. It’s called a “cultural exchange” visa and it encompasses a broad range of activity. As with other nonimmigrant visa applicants, those seeking a student visa must apply for one with their local U.S. consulate or embassy and schedule an in-person interview.

In some cases, the M visas can be more difficult to obtain because it can be a challenge that your institution qualifies. This is because the accreditation requirements are a bit less clear for non-academic institutions.

J-1 Student Visas

The last one is a J visa, and it’s a little bit broader than the F and the M. It’s called a “cultural exchange” visa and it encompasses a broad range of activity. You could apply for a J visa as a student, professor or research scholar, an academic specialist, a foreign physician, a teacher, a counselor, or even a summer intern who’s coming here for summer school in a travel or work abroad program. It also includes au pairs.

What is a Miami Student Visa Lawyer?

A Miami Student Visa Lawyer will guide you through the often tedious and confusing process of applying for a student Visa. The Student Visa attorney will be able to learn about the eligibility requirements for the different student visas and which kind of student visa is the best fit for your situation.

What is the process to apply for a Student Visa with a Miami Student Visa lawyer?

The first step to obtaining a student visa is to be accepted for enrollment to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school. Student visas are necessary if you are taking 18 or more course hours per week. If you are taking fewer than 18 course hours a week and your course of study is recreational, you may qualify for a visitor or non-immigrant visa. You will need a student visa to attend a conference, seminar, or another program of study in the U.S. for academic credit.

Student visas can be issued 120 days or less in advance of the school start or registration date. If you apply for your student visa further in advance, your application will be held until your visa can be issued at the 120-day mark. This extra time is beneficial to assist with processing, so it is to your advantage to begin the process as early as possible.

Once you have your student visa, you will be able to enter the U.S within 30 days or less of the beginning of your course study start date. If you would like to come to the U.S. sooner than this 30-day time frame, you will need to apply for a separate visitor visa.

Working While on a Student Visa

First of all, if they have any questions about the limits or rules of employment, they should contact an Immigration Lawyers USA student visa attorney. Generally, at the beginning of a student visa status, they are not allowed to work at all. In some cases, they can accept part-time employment for no more than twenty hours a week, and it has to be on campus employment. In some cases, they can be approved for off-campus employment if it is directly related to their studies, such as an externship. Violating the employment rules while in student status can have serious consequences. It can lead to the termination of status, so they need to be very careful not exceed the allowed time.

How can a Miami Student Visa Attorney help?

If you are considering coming to the U.S. on a student visa or if you have already begun the process, it is important to involve a knowledgeable Miami immigration lawyer. Our experienced immigration attorneys can assist with any issues that may arise during or immediately following completion of the application process. We can also help you secure an additional visitor visa if necessary.

Hire the Best Student Visa Lawyers in Miami, Florida!

Now that you know why having an experienced Student Visa Lawyer is necessary, it’s time to hire one at Immigration Lawyers USA!  We have some of the best Student Visa attorneys in Miami, Florida and in the United States.  We're highly experienced in Student Visa law and will fight hard to make your case as strong as possible with our close attention to detail and our over 10 years of experience. If you're looking for a firm with great reviews that can guide you through the process, give Immigration Lawyers USA a call at 305-501-0783 or contact us here!

Scroll to Top